All-on-4® Dental Implants in the North Arlington & Kearny Areas
What Are All-on-4 Implants®?
In order to understand how All-on-4® dental implants work, you must first understand how the arches of the mouth are structured. That is because All-on-4® replaces all 14 teeth in an arch with four dental implants. There are four arches of your teeth, two on the top and two on the bottom; hence, the name “All-on-4” was born. The implants are attached with small screws. They are made of titanium and fuse to the jawbone, becoming part of it and functioning as any other body part would. Once the procedure is complete, the implants cannot be removed by the patient.
Benefits of All-on-4® dental implants include:
- You will see dramatic results quickly, as the procedure is not time-consuming.
- Your quality of life will be improved, as All-on-4® implants will act like regular, functioning teeth and provide you with the same comfort and ease.
- Many patients find that gum sensitivity is decreased.
- All-on-4® dental implants are easy to care for, and require the same daily oral hygiene and dental visits as regular teeth.
All-on-4® Dental Implants vs. Dentures
While dentures are often made of acrylic, nylon, or metal, All-on-4® teeth are made of zirconia, a type of ceramic, so they tend to be thinner than dentures. Another major difference is that dentures must be taken in and out, while All-on-4® dental implants are permanent unless removed by a professional. All-on-4® dental implants also differ from snap-on dentures, which, as the name implies, snap into place. However, snap-on dentures still need to be removed at night and All-on-4® implants do not, so they can be a great choice for those looking for a “no fuss” solution to tooth loss.
Are All-on-4® Dental Implants Right for Me?
We look at the oral health of the individual as a whole to determine if they are a good candidate for All-on-4® dental implants.
Some signs that All-on-4®dental implants may be right for you include:
- You have missing or cracked teeth
- You don’t like the removable or thicker nature of dentures
- You have bone loss in your jaw. The structural qualities of All-on-4® implants can help some patients with lack of bone structure.
Booking an appointment with Smile Dental Specialists: Richard Ekstein, DMD is the best way to know if All-on-4Implants®are the right solution for your dental care. You can also call us at (201) 627-5060 to speak with a representative from our office.
CareCredit & In-Office Financing Available
Providing the Best Dental Care Since 1984
Board Certified Prosthodontist
Focused on your Dental & Overall Health
Complimentary Initial Consultations
Services Available in English, Spanish & Portuguese