Invisalign® in the North Arlington & Kearny Areas
Our patients in Kearny and throughout North Arlington are familiar with our highly sought-after prosthodontic services, but what some of them don’t know is that our Invisalign services can be just as empowering if they are struggling with crooked or misaligned teeth. Even those who do know that we offer this alternative form of braces oftentimes don’t know much about it. For example, they might not be aware of the many benefits of Invisalign that could make it a more suitable treatment for their lifestyle.
A Better Alternative to Braces
Some of the reasons our patients are turning to Invisalign for a convenient and comfortable way to straighten their teeth include:
- Improved Digestion: When teeth are crooked and/or misaligned, it can make chewing more difficult. When food isn’t chewed properly, it can impact digestion and cause difficulty with processing food. Straightening teeth with Invisalign can improve one’s ability to chew properly and can lead to better digestion.
- Alleviation of Jaw Pain: Crooked teeth are commonly to blame for jaw pain, grinding and uneven tooth wear. While traditional braces work to fix these issues, one particularly notable benefit of Invisalign is that the treatment does not contribute to this pain. This is because Invisalign does not have the bulkiness and the sharp components that come with braces and tend to cause additional discomfort when performing daily activities like chewing, biting and smiling.
- Healthier Gums: With traditional braces, food and bacteria can become trapped between the teeth and the gums, which can lead to gum disease. Invisalign, on the other hand, can be removed for brushing and flossing, which helps patients achieve healthier teeth and gums.
- Reduced Tooth Decay: For the same reasons that Invisalign makes healthier gums more attainable, it also contributes less to tooth decay than metal braces. The ability to brush and floss properly plays a major role in reducing cavities, tooth decay, gum problems and bad breath.
- Improved Overall Health: Studies have shown that patients with oral health problems tend to have higher rates of not only gum disease, but cardiovascular disease, diabetes, osteoporosis, Alzheimer’s, and even have a higher inclination towards mental health issues like depression and anxiety. Taking the step towards better oral health with Invisalign means taking a step towards a better you.
- Increased Self-Confidence: How you feel about your smile can make a big difference in how you feel about yourself. Sometimes, patients don’t realize how much better they feel about their appearance until they look in the mirror and see their personal “after” results.
- Improved Face Shape: Another issue that can arise from crooked and misaligned teeth is a face shape that is uncomfortable for the patient or not aligned with the rest of their bone structure. Invisalign will align the teeth so the patient’s bone structure will fall into place along with their confidence.
- Reduced Dietary Restrictions: Metal braces can make it more difficult to eat the foods you love, and the foods that help sustain you. Apples, corn on the cob and popcorn are just a few examples of the kinds of foods that should be avoided while wearing braces. Because Invisalign is taken out while eating, patients do not run into these restrictions.
- Increased Freedom: Metal braces can turn fun activities like playing a musical instrument or playing sports into painful ones. The smooth aligners of Invisalign are comfortable and much more convenient. Plus, they can be taken out as necessary as long as patients wear their aligners for at least 22 hours per day for best results.
Achieving straighter teeth has never been so simple and effortless. There are many benefits of wearing Invisalign, but the best reward will come when you get to take them out for good. Call us at (201) 627-5060 to schedule an appointment.
CareCredit & In-Office Financing Available
Providing the Best Dental Care Since 1984
Board Certified Prosthodontist
Focused on your Dental & Overall Health
Complimentary Initial Consultations*
Services Available in English, Spanish & Portuguese
*should you proceed with treatment